Thursday, September 07, 2006
Marilyn's Thread Scarf
Marylin's Thread Scarf (a work in progress).
You'll have the chance to see it live and up close (and finished) if you attend The Lakeside Quilt Guild's Bienniel Quilt Show Sept. 9-10, 2006, at The Sunnyview Expo Center in Oshkosh, WI.
Basic instructions (very abbreviated)
1. We used masking tape on the table to act as a template to keep the desired size and shape for the scarf.
2. Lay out a sandwich of water soluble stabilizer.
3. In between the stabilizer layers, threads, yarns, fibers, fabrics, scraps--anything that can be sewn-- are laid down in a desired pattern.
4. Use spray adhesive to hold everything in place
5. Sew! Sew! Sew!
6. Melt the stabilizer in water.
Presto! You have a treasured hand-made work of art!