Just a reminder that this Thursday is our meeting at 6:30 at the Menasha Public Library. We will be discussing
- whether or not we want to do a group challenge and if so what it will be
- Should we plan a show for 2011
- Regular Sharing (bring everything you’ve been working on since October
- What else?
Thursday evening is also my night to demonstrate the tin beaded boxes and beaded beads. Below is a list of things that you will need for the box so that you can bring them a long if you want and I’ll get you started that night.
First you need a tin covered with Terrifically Tacky Tape. That is a name brand tape and nothing else is sticky enough. It is available only at Hobby Lobby and Michaels’s. I will briefly go over covering the tin, but if you want to get started beading Thursday night, bring your tin covered. Make sure you leave the protective (pink) tape on the tin so that it doesn’t stick to everything.
You will also need:
- An exacto knife
- Beading Needle (Easy Eye beading needles make this project a snap)
- Seed Beads (strung if you have them)
- Beading Thread
- Focal Point Beads, Shank Buttons (you’ll need to cut off the shank), or charms
- Bamboo skewer or stiletto